Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

CHALLENGE #3 - And I know my life would look all right if I could see it on the silver screen

THE THEME IS: (Ta dah) Silver Screen
With a nod to the Eagles for this lyric from "James Dean" which has playing in my brain, the challenge for this week is "Silver Screen." I know, I know, Hollywood is a pretty popular theme, but take another look at it - an Opus-Gluei look.

Need some examples for inspiration? (well, okay, because you twisted my arm) Take a glamour-puss shot of yourself wearing some very glamorous shades, perhaps sipping a martini - maybe even waving off the paparazzi! Maybe something film noir and moody. Make an ATC of a favorite quote from a silver screen god or goddess.

Make a mini, a moo, heck, take a pic of a boo boo -- make it look like an actor! (Why, that scar looks just like Johnny Depp)

Here's what we've been making with this theme:





Here are some of my ATCs for this- Grace Kelly, James Dean, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, and Liz Taylor - to name a few. Still working on these because I find them pretty and amusing to make - so I'm doing more. They would make cute decor for an Oscar-themed party - just put a piece of ribbon as a hanger and voila - a banner!




Why, it's our favorite co-host, Jana and she's on a magazine cover!


Jana here - I didn't manage to get any tangible projects done. I just couldn't get the vibes for a touchy-feely project. What did inspire me was digital enhancement of ME.



I went with what I was feeling for this one. Don't let my smile fool you. It was a BAD day.




There is just something about Nicolas Cage that inspired this dream... Maybe when she slaps him and tells him to snap out of it.




And I know my life would look all right if I could look like this.


(I don't think DH would mind either.)


And last but not least, I do have a Wonderful Life.



I can't complain, but a girl can still dream, can't she.....





Well, as it turns out, I had last minute inspiration. Here is a tribute to a few of the actors/actresses that have made me smile. And still do.


So, there you have it - have fun! Or as my friend Fia says - Be Smart, Make Art!

4 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Love, love, love the samples for this week's challenge. A belated thank you too for posting my artwork on your inital challenge post. I was truly honoured. I got my act together and am joining again this week!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cool!! I love making things like this, but mine never turn out quite right.

I found you through Debbie's blog. I believe that you've visited my blog, however, I couldn't click on you to get here. Thanks for visiting and I'll be checking back in!!

Amy said...

I did it! I did it! I think I got one done in time!!! You know where to find me!!:-)
Have a great day!!

Char said...

You are just too much fun. Fabulous blog and I love the ATCs. I would never have the patience for all those beads.